VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 21:50:02 -0800
Hi all,

I don't use PayPal very often, but when I do, I usually find it to be an
accessible experience. I'm on the merchant's website, and PayPal is
presented as a payment option. I click the PayPal button, log into my
account, and click another button. That's it.

Occasionally, however, I get to merchant websites that are harder to
work with. I just paid for a workshop. the site had several, each at a
different location, and each location had several payment options (e.g.,
full day, half day, instructor led, non-instructor led, organization
member, nonmember). The information was clustered so I wasn't sure what
went with what, and the payment buttons only said, "PayPal," so I wasn't
sure what I was paying for.

I've run into enough pages that are similar to this one (i.e., weirdly
clustered information and non-specific PayPal buttons) that I wonder if
this is one of PayPal's options to customers, so I'm not sure whether to
contact PayPal or the vender directly about accessibility issues.
Venders tend to be small enough that I suspect they're paying for a
package, but large enough that they may think it worthwhile to pay for a
professionally done website.

Does anyone know who I should contact about accessibility in these cases?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]