VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:09:06 -0800
Harry,

I haven't done this in a long time, so I'm working from memory.

The email address and password that Chrome is asking for are the ones
for your Gmail account (if you have one). Signing in gives you some
advantages. If you use ChromeVox, for example, Chrome loads it for you
as soon as you sign in on a new computer or after a new installation of
the browser.

but you don't have to sign in if you don't want to. I seem to remember
that the sign-in screen has an option like Skip, Not Now, or No Thanks,
which you can press enter on in order to use Chrome without signing in.

My guess is that you can't arrow around the screen because the sign-in
screen or some other popup is still on the screen.

You can use Chrome with Jaws or NVDA, or you can turn on ChromeVox, turn
off your screen reader, and use it that way.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]