VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barry Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2014 07:34:43 -0400
Hello:
  I currently have a XP machine at home and a windows 7 machine at my
workplace.  My windows 8.1 question is very easy I Hope.  In windows 7 you
can press the windows key on the keyboard and a searchbox comes up where you
can type the first few characters of what you are looking for, i.e int and
internet explorer come up and you hit enter and  the browser is launched, is
this still true in windows 8.1?  I really have no use for a touch screen and
actually have a monitor for sighted people who come to the house and
therefore just want to keep that one.

Thanks for any help.

Barry Campbell
email:  [log in to unmask]
twitter: MDparrothead

Always Searchin for that One Particular Harbor, so far but yet so near

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]