VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 07:20:28 -0400
David

Articles such as that also remind me of something else.  While the modern
computer user views such legacy pc environments as ancient and obsolete,
we were more than happy with them at the time appreciating what they
allowed us to do which could not be done before with such relative ease.
Perspective is everything; and sometimes I see the demands of today's
blind user  as sort of unappreciative given where we once were.  We have
so much today; but rather lthan focusing on what we have and can get
accomplished with technology, we focus on what we cannot do.
Growing up in the 1960s, I would have been deemed crazy if I had wanted
technology what is 2nd-nature today.  Yet, we have it and more.
Sure, things can be better and more things could become usable to a
handicapped person; but, on the other hand, sometimes pull back from the
advocacy complaining mode of things could be better and concentrate on
appreciating what, thanks to God, you can do on your own.
Those who never lived prior to the personal pc era too often take for
granted what they truly have in access and availability of information.

The world asks, "What does a man own?" Christ asks, "How does he use it?"
Andrew Murray, (1828–1917), South African minister, missionary, and author

One's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.
Luke 12:15 (NKJV)

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]