VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:38:57 -0500
Accessibility alone gives us iOS that means ipads, ipod touches and iphones.
You don't have to decide which one to buy unless you can choose to purchase
devices produced before the 3rd gen (3gs for iphone) which are not
accessible.  iOS works the same across devices.
I've been using iOS since the advent of the iPhone 3gs and got an ipod touch
3 when it came out.

We don't have quite the handle that android does with hands free access but
we're getting there.

All th experts on the topic say that nothing is accessible as to the touch
and talking interface as the iPhone but this may change.

you can loan your credit card to apple and for two weeks, have a fully
functioning accessible device, (iPod touch or iPad mini or full sized), to
connect to your wifi network.  iPad mini is called mini because of its size.
it is just as robust as full sized ipads.

I can be reached for discussion and assistance at
loverof thesilvermoon on skype.
imessage at
poehlman one at comcast dot net.
I'm also on heytel.