VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:49:11 -0500
Hi, everyone.
I just recently updated my Dropbox from V1x to V2.022, or something like
that, and the new program files were copied into the same folder as the
old one.  I've been told that the new version does not contain a Public
folder anymore; but since the new version just copied itself over my
existing program, I do still have a Public folder.  I'm trying to send
someone a link to a file the way that I used to: by putting the file
into the Public folder; right-clicking on it; Entering on Get Public
Link; ctrl-c to copy it; and then pasting it (ctrl-v) into an e-mail;
but I only get a "ding" sound when I try to do this.  I also just tried
downloading a file from a link someone sent me but had to actually sign
in to Dropbox in order to download it.

I'd like to know whether the new version does not actually have a Public
folder anymore; and whether everyone downloading files via Dropbox now
has to have a Dropbox account.

I know this message was a bit disjointed, but I hope my questions are clear.
Thanks for any help any of you can provide.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]