VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blaine Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:44:10 -0400
Have similar trouble. My wife has asthma and I have allergies. We use an
ultrasonic humidifier in our bed room. On the low setting the tank lasts
all night long and into the forenoon, then a refill keeps it going until
night. On the high setting the tank just makes it through the night so
that's a three times a day refill. Nothing gets wet around it unless you
put it on a lower shelf with another shelf over it because it vents
straight up. We keep it on top of a stand and if you keep the vent
several inches from the wall the wall won't get damp either. Its
completely silent too. One more thing, we keep the ceiling fan on low to
keep the air moving and the door is also kept open, that helps with
breathing too. TV, cable box and at times radios are kept in the room,
on the same stand and they haven't been harmed in the slightest.
We keep a wash tub in the basement partially filled with water and when
its really dry during the winter we keep a few inches of water in the
upstairs bathtub too. Our forced air heat keeps the air moving in the
house. We don't have any extra humidity makers in our home office room,
don't need any and our computers aren't affected at all.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]