VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:37:35 -0800
I'm posting the resolution to my problem of Jaws not reporting or
jumping to the headings on the Google results page in case others
encounter it at some point.

the problem was resolved when I disabled all my browser addons.

I tried running a Jaws repair, but Jaws kept wanting to install, telling
me it couldn't install because I was already running Jaws and never
giving me the option to repair. I called Freedom Scientific tech support
to ask about the repair. I explained the problem I was having with the
Google results page to find out if the tech had any thoughts on it, but
my primary reason for calling was to ask about the repair.

The tech said he didn't think the problem would be solved by the repair.
He thought it was a browser issue instead. He disabled the addons for
Internet Explorer. When he did, my headings came back in IE. They came
back in firefox when I reset the browser in Help>TroubleShooting
Information.

Last week and last weekend, when I was learning to work with Kindle
files, I tried several programs. Though I'm pretty good about reading
installation dialog boxes carefully so as not to install toolbars and
other junk, I got sloppy as I got tired, and I had to uninstall an IM
addon. I'm thinking it was probably what caused the problem.

The tech and I didn't resolve the repair issue. I'm so happy to get my
headings back that I I'm willing to put that off for another day.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]