From:
eric oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:49:01 -0700
That is what I do here. However, I don't use the filter for its original purpose. I actually use it to cut down on noise getting into the 1st anne 2nd IF stages (both are above 60 Mhz and will generate noise in the receiver (I have already verified this as I have a couple of noise sources in the place here that are being noisy even into the mid VHF ranges.

Now, I wonder if anyone makes bandpass filters for both 2m and 70cm that can handle about 300 watts. I have at least one atrocious CB operator in the neighborhood and I hear him on every harmonic I can receive clear into 450 Mhz. Yes, he is running one of those "dave made" dirty class C 2 KW amps.

-eric