From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:46:43 -0700
The final settings of the load and tune controls do change a bit as drive
power increases.  Once you have become very familiar with tuning a specific
amp, you simply set the two controls where you know they will end up.  You
should still go thru the process, but when the controls are close, it will
take less time, which means less ware on the amp.  For example, I know where
the load and tune controls should be on each band with my Henry 5K Classic.
Since I preset the knobs where I know they should end up, I can tune the amp
up in less than 20 seconds, even making several steps along the way.

HTH

KD7GC

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ