From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:13:41 -0500
Hi, everyone.

The recent post from David (G3YXX) got me to thinking about the best
strategy for this week-end's ARRL 10-meter contest, and I'm now interested
in any thoughts from the group on what might be the best way to go.

My originally-planned strategy was to do a completely CW operation.  This
was based on the idea that you get 2 points per contact, and that you would
be working under considerably less-crowded band conditions.

However, David's idea of doing CW one day, and SSB the next has caused me to
re-consider my strategy.

I'm interested in what others who are planning to play in the contest are
thinking of doing.

I fully realize that, with my rather meager antenna setup here, I am not
going to be able to adequately compete with the big guns, but I would like
to see what kind of a score I can achieve during the hours I'll be able to
operate on both Saturday and Sunday.

Hopefully, band conditions will be reasonably good for the event.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ