VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 17:00:49 -0700
From: Serotek Public Relations To: [log in to unmask] Subject:Revving Up for
the Road Ahead

Serotek is undergoing some changes to better meet your needs as a digital
consumer. The assistive technology industry has been shifting for a while
now, and it would be foolish to believe yesterday's formula will continue
to work in today's age of wearable technology, smart homes, and
interconnected media.

Understandably, there may be questions about the longevity of the products
and services you have come to rely on. For years Serotek has thought
outside the box to deliver the most affordable solutions with the best
customer and product support, and there are no plans to reverse this
pattern of innovation to meet you where you need us.

You may also be wondering about the future of the SeroTalk Podcast
Network, arguably one of the leading content providers on all things
technology. There is a time to cover headlines, and there is a time to
create them. As long as the community remains interested, SPN will evolve
alongside its parent company. For now, we have to deal with the reality of
blunt, but truthful, comments such as that left by one loyal customer who
wondered if we were finally going to stop socializing on the podcasts and
finally get back to product development.

Given the number of conflicting rumors surrounding the popular platform,
the story is this: Ownership of SPN was offered to Joe Steinkamp and Ricky
Enger under a highly attractive earn-out formula. Serotek offered to
continue financing the website, podcast, and production and platform
hosting required to maintain a consistent user experience. Serotek is
aware of the value they provided to the community. Unfortunately, they
elected not to accept this offer. The Serotek team has no doubt Joe and
Ricky will be a valuable asset to the community in other capacities and
wish them all the best in their new endeavors.

Our goals were not to eliminate people, but rather, to realign the company
structure and shift company functions that are hindering growth, steps
that were required to keep Serotek from becoming one more casualty of the
new landscape. It is unfortunate that three other teammates abruptly opted
to follow other directions, but we respect their choices and also wish
them the absolute best in whatever they pursue.

Change is sometimes a scary prospect. Yet change moved us away from the
cell phone to the smart phone, from the TV to the tablet, and from
yesterday's computer to today's cloud. We're working hard to keep you in
the middle of it, where you belong. Contrary to competing rumors, Serotek
is not down for the count. We're squarely in your corner and ready to meet
the next phase with the same fervor we're well known for.

Stay tuned. The best is on its way, and you are going to be a part of it.

Date:today at 3:53 PM

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]