VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:50:39 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,
Well folks, Mac users have been able to do this for a long time now, but
I just learned that Windows users can do this same thing, as of today,
in Windows 7.
Let's say that you have more than one thing on the desktop that starts
with the letter T. I have 3 of them, and I wanted to get to thunderbird.
Until now, I had to press t 3 times, till it got to thunderbird. Not any
more!
If I type th
it will take me right to the Thunderbird icon.
So, try it folks, on your desktop, and in different menus as well.
This eliminates having to press a key more than 1 time, because you have
an icon whose first letter also works for other icons on the desktop,
or, in menus.
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]