VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 11:08:12 -0800
7bit
Sender:
From:
Hi All,

This is an update to a problem I posted here previously. I solved part
of it, but haven't figured out how to solve the rest.

In a nutshell, my laptop gives me periodic notifications to run an
antivirus and anti spyware check, and I don't know where they're coming
from.

I'm running Windows defender. Since I use my laptop only two or three
days a week (mostly offline), I run a scan about once a week. I ran one
at home this morning before taking the laptop to school. When I hooked
the laptop to the overhead in my classroom, I got the antivirus and
antispyware notifications twice today. The notifications are different
from the ones I get from Defender.

I've had this problem since I bought the laptop. A couple of months ago,
I went into Programs and features, Googled the programs I didn't
recognize, and uninstalled a couple of things that included malware
scanning. I stopped getting the notifications for a while, but as of a
few weeks ago, they've come back.

My goal is to make them go away, but I'm not sure what program is
producing them. they're very annoying as they come up frequently when
I'm teaching. Nothing in the program list sounds like the culprit, and I
only have this issue with the laptop, not the desktop, which is running
the same version of windows.

Anyway ideas about where I can check?

I'm running 8.1 on an Aspire One.

Ciao