VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2014 18:00:03 -0400
From:
Sandy Huwie <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
For your information

Begin forwarded message:
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Glenn Minney
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Al Avina
Subject: [BVALAG#831] Zoom Text for MAC

Speech Features Now Available in ZoomText Mac We are thrilled to announce
that ZoomText Mac now includes several speech features! Users can enjoy
Focus Echo, Mouse Echo and a great reading tool called WebReader. Here's a
brief recap of each of these new features:
.            Focus Echo: Text information from the current active control,
text fields, menu items, or buttons will now be automatically read aloud.
.            Mouse Echo: Text information that's underneath the mouse
pointer can also be read aloud; it will speak the entire item name, or if
you're over a block of text, it will read the entire paragraph. A great spot
reading tool!
.            WebReader: A reading tool that allows you to extract just the
important information from a busy webpage. It will also read all the text in
an application window (for instance, an entire email message), or the text
in your clipboard.
Watch the video
You can certainly read more online or check out the complete release notes,
but sometimes the best way is to see the features in action. We've got a
great video for you to check out that goes through each of the new features:

Attend a free webinar
We've scheduled several free webinars where we will go through all the new
speech features. We'd love to see you in a session! While they are free, you
do need to sign up to attend.

How can I try it?
For those who already own ZoomText Mac this is a FREE update! You'll be
notified automatically when starting ZoomText Mac, or you can go to the
Quick Launch menu and choose "Check for updates...".
NOTE: If you're running a version of ZoomText Mac that's older than 1.0.7,
you will need to download the update from our website.
For those who haven't yet purchased ZoomText Mac, we have a free 30-day
trial available online.

I'm ready to buy - how much is it?
Here are all the pricing details:
.            New copies (domestic): $399
.            New copies (international): $499
.            BUT if you are a current ZoomText user on the PC, you will
receive a 50% discount:
.
o            $199 for domestic
o            $249 for international
Just give us a call to order: (802) 362-3612 option #2 or (800) 859-0270.
You can order online, but you do need to call for the special discount for
current ZoomText PC customers. Be sure you have your serial number ready to
qualify for this discount!
If you have any questions at all, just email Becca.
Glenn E. Minney
Director of Government Relations
Blinded Veterans Association
National Headquarters