VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 02:03:45 -0600
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
By default, you have a Personal Address book and a Collected Addresses
address book. Whenever you send an email, the address you use will be
added to the Collected Addresses address book. You can use the
instructions Blaine provided below to turn this behavior off altogether
or have these addresses stored anywhere you want, such as in the
Personal Address book. In Windows, you can find this under Tools ->
Options instead of Edit -> Preferences.

It looks like Blaine didn't include the message he was replying to, but
I think you said you had a third address book. The default when
importing addresses from elsewhere is to use My Address book, so if you
have such a address book then it probably came about when you had
Thunderbird grab addresses from other applications during the install
process or you already imported some addresses. Note you should be able
to copy all of your addresses from one address book into another and
then you can make the change Blaine describes below to get and keep just
one address book.

I personally use two address books. My Personal Address book is where I
add any new addresses by hand. This is also the address book I sync with
my Google Contacts. I still use Collected Addresses to keep all of the
outgoing addresses I've ever used. I do this to keep my personal address
book from getting too cluttered. Occasionally I'll use a new system, and
I won't have an address in the new system or my Google Contacts, but I
can move it from my Collected Addresses if I want to.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail