VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 19:30:17 -0800
7bit
Sender:
From:
Hi All,

Why are there so many address books in Thunderbird, and what do I do to
make one the most important?

I have a new computer, a Lenovo all-in-one running Windows 8.1. It's
taken me nearly a week to install my programs, move my files, and make
the sorts of tweaks that give a new computer the feel of home.

One of the few things I have left to do is to move my contacts to the
new computer. I use Thunderbird. I don't have any questions about the
process itself because I found some excellent instructions for exporting
and importing contacts at
http://its.isber.ucsb.edu/guides/how-import-and-export-your-address-book-thunderbird

My confusion is and has always been about why there are so many address
books in Thunderbird in the first place. I have Personal Addresses, My
Address Book, and Collected Addresses. I haven't figured out why some
addresses appear in one address book but not the others, and having
three places to search makes going through the address books to find a
person unnecessarily tedious.

I'd like to put all of my addresses in one address book, and I'd like
all new addresses to go there too. I'm hoping someone on the list can
either give me tips on how to do this or an explanation of the logic of
Thunderbird address books.

thanks much-much.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at