VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:43:09 -0700
From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
If JAWS and Freedom Scientific want to remain in business, then they need
to sharply improve the out of the box experience, stop releasing annual
versions which are buggy and take half a year to resolve, and put the
price at a reasonable competitive level. Freedom Scientific, like so many
others before them, have tried to rule the market with predatory legal
practices, monopoly thinking, and size. NVDA and System Access have proven
that a leaner more customer friendly approach can work. If JAWS wants to
compete in the long run, it needs to become competitive using it huge size
to put money into reliability, innovation, and reduced pricing.