VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 06:07:42 -0600
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
I think the skip to content links were more useful in the days when
screen readers didn't support hierarchical navigation or tried to skip
past headers when automatically reading a new page. I myself don't ever
use them now. One reason, is that I think they sometimes screw up your
history. For example, if I click on the skip to content link on a page,
and then I do a alt+left-arrow, will it take me to the previous page or
not? I'd like it to take me to the previous page whether I clicked on
the skip to content link or not.

I'd suggest using a heading or a land mark to denote the start of the
content. I know the first thing I do when entering a new page is start
using the hierarchical navigation keys, such as 'h' for headings.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail