VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:53:50 -0700
7bit
From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Bill and all:

In all of my years using JAWS (I think since 2002 or 2003 now), I have never really found the "Skip past..." links to be of any use to me whatsoever.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We are in the process of revamping our web site. I had a specific question
on usage.

Many blindness oriented sites have a "jump to content" link just under the
header. I know that in the old days, this was useful to bypass long lists of
standard links and such. I've noticed more recently though that some other
methods built right into the screen reader are more effective such as key
combinations that jump to headers, or anchors, to search fields or even to
text. Using current versions of both JAWS and System Access, I've noticed
that often that jump to content link doesn't even seem to work.

So, do you folks find that link useful? Or am I correct in suspecting that
it is an obsolescent navigation tool which we should avoid.

Bill

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]