VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:18:50 -0600
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
I doubt it's the network. A message as specific as you're out of ink
would be coming from the printer or the device driver.

You might try going back to the printer's web site and downloading the
vendors drivers. Maybe their more robust than the drivers MS has for
that printer. I'm not sure how accessible it is, and you may want to
trust your tech, but installing the applications that came with your
printer might have system tray icons for status like ink levels.

You might also just be out of ink. Is this a color printer? Is it a
laser or ink jet printer? Do you have separate ink wells for different
colors? Maybe you replaced your black ink 20 documents ago and now
you're out of blue ink. Some of these new cartridges are also pretty
small, although 20 documents does seem a bit light.

These printer companies do have quite the racket going on though.
Sensors in the ink cartridges, so you can't refill them yourselves. New
printers with just starter ink cartridges in them. I guess you got to
figure if they're giving these ink jet printers away, they got to be
making their money somewhere.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail