VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:20:12 -0500
7bit
From:
Peter Altschul <[log in to unmask]>
***

== Blind Earth Escape ==
   http://www.applevis.com/app-directory/games/blind-earth-escape
   (from AppleVis - Recent Content)

Description of appWant a challenging maze game? How about one
that's also a game for your  child? Children will LOVE the
simple, visible mazes for the sounds and  animation.
All will enjoy solving more difficult invisible mazes.  People
who are visually impaired will be on equal footing with others
with the help of VoiceOver.
You have discovered precious  silver in the earth! Your job is to
drag your precious silver balls up 5  levels to the surface,
moving blindly up through the ground to Freedom  and fresh air!
Enjoy 3 maze types, with 3 skill levels per type. Fun for
children or even a genius!
Three type of mazes:

Completely Visible mazes, especially good for developing a
child's coordination and analytical skills.
"Progress"  mazes which start out Invisible. When a ball is
dragged across an  invisible wall, the ball falls to its starting
position, a small  explosion occurs at the wall, and the wall is
displayed and remains that  way.
Invisible mazes that remain completely invisible. Only
explosions and the ball dropping will be your clues to the
location of  walls. You can find your way through trial and
error, but you will need  to rely on your memory and spatial
visualization.

Surely there is  a level of difficulty for everyone, or for every
occasion. Whether you  just want to enjoy the game play, sounds,
and animations-- or whether  you really want a challenge.
Enjoy your Blind Earth Escape!
Only  5 rows of walls separate you from your goal. And there are
only 4  columns in which to move. But when the walls are
invisible, try  remembering the successful steps you've taken, or
determining when you  must be headed for a dead end. I dare you!
Choose 1 of 3 ball movement sounds. They provide additional
feedback when exploring an invisible maze.
Version1.0Free or PaidPaidCompatibilityThis is a native iPhone
and iPod Touch app that is displayed in 2x mode on an
iPadDevice(s) app was tested oniPod Touch 3GAccessibility
CommentsAs the description suggests, the app is fully accessible.
The developers really put in a lot of work into this. Each single
control has a clear hint, and the very first screen has a small
guide for voiceover users on the app layout.
VoiceOver PerformanceVoiceOver reads all page elements.Button
LabellingAll buttons are clearly labelled.UsabilityThe app is
fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and
use.Other CommentsWell,. I will admit I kind of stink at maze
games, but I find this quite fun to do. The sound design is
really nice and VO doesn't need to be turned off to play.
Link to Blind Earth Escape in iTunes App StoreVisit developer web
site

***

== VisionHunt ==
   http://www.applevis.com/app-deals/price-drop/visionhunt-0
   (from AppleVis - Recent Content)

VisionHunt is a vision aid tool for the blind and the visually
impaired that uses the phone's camera to detect colors, paper
money, the light level and light sources.
It usually sells for $1.99, but is currently reduced to 99 cents.
Its entry in the AppleVis Directory is here
Link to VisionHunt in iTunes App Store

***

== The Going Out Guide App for iPhone: the ultimate mobile
entertainment guide for the D.C. area ==

http://www.applevis.com/app-directory/entertainment/going-out-guide-app-ipho
ne-ultimate-mobile-entertainment-guide-dc-area
   (from AppleVis - Recent Content)

Description of appThe Going Out Guide App for iPhone: the
ultimate mobile entertainment guide for the D.C. area
Going Out Guide App Features
Whether you are heading out to eat or planning an afternoon with
the family, the all-new Going Out Guide App for iPhone can give
you the inside scoop on what's great.
                Flip through our What's on Deck tool, a quick glance at
the day's bets events handpicked by Post editors
                Get the latest information on bars, restaurants and
events in the area
                Browse our "Best Of" lists to find the top places and
events, whether you're looking for the Best Pizza or the Best
Sites off the Mall
                Read critics reviews of movies, watch trailers and buy
tickets online
                Use your phone's GPS to map places nearby
                Share your plans with others through SMS, e-mail,
Facebook and Twitter
How to Get It
The Going Out Guide App is available on the the iPhone and iPod
touch.
Version1.0Free or PaidFreeCompatibilityThis is a universal app,
so works natively on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPadDevice(s) app
was tested oniPod Touch 3GAccessibility CommentsThis app is
mostly accessible
VoiceOver PerformanceVoiceOver reads all page elements.Button
LabellingMost buttons are clearly labelled.UsabilityThe app is
fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and
use.Other CommentsI have not gone through all of what this app
has to offer but what I've seen is really good
Link to The Going Out Guide App for iPhone: the ultimate mobile
entertainment guide for the D.C. area  in iTunes App Store