From:
Jennifer Iscol <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Iscol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2015 20:59:44 -0700

Hi Listmates,

I am writing an article on the marketing of Omission beer, as a follow-up to the article I published two years ago (http://www.celiaccommunity.org/confusion-over-omission/). I need the community's assistance as I research the way Omission beer is currently presented in retail environments. Omission beer is a popular gluten-reduced beer that cannot be labeled gluten-free outside of Oregon, but is often described as gluten-free in retail environments nationwide.

If you see Omission beer sold with a shelf label or other sign that describes it as "gluten-free," or you see it on a gluten-free restaurant menu or described on a regular menu as gluten-free, please send me the following:

1. NAME of the store or restaurant

2. LOCATION of the store or restaurant (city and state; more detail if there is more than one location in a city)

3. A very brief DESCRIPTION of the gluten-free label. For example, "Shelf sign says gluten-free" or "On gluten-free menu" or "Labeled gluten-free on regular menu"

3. Optional but very helpful: A PHOTO showing both the beer and the gluten-free sign in a grocery store or liquor store, or a photo of the menu in a restaurant or performance venue. I need the DATE the photo was taken.

Here is an example of the information I need (from my grocery shopping today):

Name: Whole Foods
Location: Sebastopol, CA

I am specifically seeking data ONLY on large regional or national CHAIN stores (grocery stores, supermarkets, liquor stores), chain restaurants and chain bars. Such labeling on the menus of large performance venues for sports events or concerts would also be useful. I am NOT seeking this information for independent stores and restaurants, small local chains, or for stores and restaurants in Oregon, where Omission is manufactured and can legally be labeled gluten-free.

Please let me know if you have questions. It would be helpful to receive the data by 5/30/15.

Thank you for your time,

Jennifer

Jennifer Iscol
President
Celiac Community Foundation of Northern California
P.O. Box 1506
Healdsburg, CA 95448
www.celiaccommunity.org