Date:
Tue, 19 May 2015 22:19:24 -0400

Hi all,

I didn't receive a lot of feedback.  A couple of people found articles that show gluten and Meniere's are connected.  But it was mostly about people who's Meniere's symptoms diminished when they removed gluten.  Unfortunately, I'm having the opposite.  I've been 18 months GF and my symptoms returned in the last 6 months slowly.

A couple of people mentioned they do have Meniere's.  Both were diagnosed with it the same time as Celiac.  One took prednisone and the symptoms were gone.

A third was diagnosed in relation to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, not Celiac.

Thanks for the feedback. I wish there were clearer answers, but it's just like Celiac, clear as mud.

I did find an interesting stat:  Meniere's is more rare than CD with 1 in 1,000 having it.  What are the odds of being diagnosed with two conditions that are not common? :-)  We are unique!

Cathy
Diagnosed Dec 2013
North Carolina