From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:26:59 -0500
I hope some of you had fun in last weekend's DX contest.  One of my first
CQWW contests was 50 years ago, just after the Kennedy assassination, from
the club station at Iowa Braille and Sight-Saving School, K0KBX.  Half-way
through the weekend we were all sent home, to spend Thanksgiving week
without school, because of the assassination.

This year I was on the air for 22 hours, 45 minutes out of the 48, on 80
through 10 CW.  I wanted to beat my personal record from 2011, when we had a
high solar flux level, as we did this year.  I didn't quite beat the 2011
score, because of less multipliers.  Ran the sweep-tube amplifier at about
400 watts, and logged using N1MM and Window-Eyes 8.3.  Ended up with 1,232
QSOs, and just over 1.4 million points.  It was a lot of fun, although I
missed a lot of stations I should have been able to work.  If anyone wants
more information, I can talk about it off-list.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com