VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:37:03 -0800
Bill,

I use Word/Office 2013. It works fine with Jaws 15 and NVDA. I can even
use it fairly well with Narrator on Windows 8.1. It's very similar to
Windows 2010 and 2007.

The only real annoyance is that Word 2013 opens documents in a multipage
view, which Jaws doesn't know how to deal with. When you get to the end
of Page 1 and press down-arrow or ctrl+down-arrow, focus jumps sometimes
skipping an entire page, other times dropping to the middle of the next
page. You can use ctrl+right-arrow to move past the page break, or you
can go into the View menu/tab and press enter on One page. I've been
doing lots of Googling, but so far, I haven't found any way to set
one-page view by default.

I know I used Jaws 14 when I first got my system. The version of Jaws 14
that came on the disk worked well with Windows 8, but as Jaws 14 was
updated, I started having lots of problems with screen reader crashes,
lost focus, and general instability. Jaws 15 works fine.

I haven't tried Word 365, so I have no input on that.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]