VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:06:32 -0400
Hi all,
I thank David goldfield for his info about the voice app.
So, here’s my review of the voice app.
I downloaded and installed the app on my iPod 5, running IOS7.
I was able to download and install the app just fine.
However, when I launched the app, I only see 2 things.
1. a button, with no text label on it it, and it you double tap on that button, nothing happens.
Also, to the right of the button, is something that says “page 1 of 5.”
You cannot read any of these pages.
Their motivation is a great thing, to have an app that can read text, but this app gets a big 0 out of 5 stars.
I will look for another app that does what it is suppose to do.
Of course, the KNFB reader app is very very good.
Has it been released for purchase yet?
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]