VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:28:49 -0800
Harry,

I think Andy is right. Stuff happens, and sometimes it's mighty yucky.

You might try upgrading to Jaws 13. Now that the kinks have been worked
out, I have fewer crashes with 13 in windows 7 than I did with Jaws 12.
I've learned to bookmark web pages right away in case the OS, the screen
reader, Word, or Ana has a melt down. I've also learned that copying
large web pages to word can take time, so I need to make sure Word is
open and happy before I paste, and I need to give the clipboard time to
do its work.

I tried switching to the Mac, and though there are things about the Mac
I like very much, I decided I was a Windows user. Part of the problem is
that some of the software I use for work isn't really accessible on the
Mac, and I thought it was silly to own a Mac just to run Windows on it.
Anyway, I also had crashes with the Mac and with Voiceover, and as in
Windows, they seemed to happen at the most inconvenient times.

So ... take a deep breath, have something warm and soothing to drink,
call on the Lord for patience, and keep on keepin' on.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]