VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 18:30:00 -0700
My latest experience with McAfee was a year ago. My netbook came with a
month trial. In a nutshell, I found the program to be completely
inaccessible. I couldn't read the screens with either the Jaws cursor or
the PC cursor. While it did most things in the background, so presumably
I wouldn't have to interact with it much, there were times when it
needed me to do something, so it would move to the forground. When it
did, it would "cover" the whole screen, interfering with my ability to
interact normally with other programs. If, for example, I was writing a
document in Word, I would just suddenly hear "space" as I arrowed around
my document. When I hit alt+tab, I didn't always hear that McAfee was
open. Instead, I would find out that it was in the forground by asking a
sighted person what was on my computer screen. I eventually uninstalled
it, needing sighted help for that as well.

Again, this was last summare, and I was using Jaws 12, but my experience
is that programs with so many accessibility problems rarely improve very
quickly.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]