From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:21:51 -0600
Oops, I meant to send this to the whole group:
Back in my young days up in Iowa, I had a TH3 on top of our windmill tower,
but no rotor under it at first, or perhaps it was out of commission, I don't
remember.  But anyway, we attached a long hay mow rope to it which ran down
to a 50 pound weight on the ground.  I could rotate the antenna through
about 90 degrees by going outside and moving that weight.

Also, when I was in Argentina in the summer of 1970, I used to visit a ham
down there who had an armstrong rotor which used an old steering wheel that
he'd use to turn the antenna.  The steering wheel was underneath the table
with his rig.  I thought that was pretty cool.
--
Jim, KE5AL