From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 17:33:46 -0600
First, for Steve, KW3A,

I heard you on 15 meters around 1:30 PM your time. You made
several contacts into Europe while I was listening to you,
and you had a 599 signal, a real 599 that is, into
Mississippi.

I have played with the contest a little, mostly this
morning, with a short run on 20 last night.

At this writing, I have 119 qsos, with 40 countries on 10,
20 on 15, and 3 on 20.

My 40 and 80 meter antennas are down, so no activity down
there this weekend.

The 40 meter dipole has been down for awhile, and the 80
meter came down during the cold weather this week. Of
course, it's only been up about 10 years, so I think the
wire simply got tired.

So, spring cleaning at my house will include digging out
that roll of #12 stranded wire that I happened to catch on
sale at one of the local home stores so long ago that I
can't remember. I only know that I snagged one for
situations such as this one.

Mike Duke, K5XU