Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 11:47:57 +0800
Dear John,
For all things Baofeng, have a look at the following site:
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/

Your antenna needs to have a female SMA plug, or you will need an adapter to
connect to a male SMA fitting on the radio.

I bought a JPole antenna with a female SMA plug from a US bulk seller on
Ebay.  It's still in the post, but this could be an option for you.

Barry.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Barry.