From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2014 14:03:15 -0500
Kelvin:

Well, rest assured that I absolutely and unequivocally make sure the
auto-tuner in my TS590 is off when using my amplifier here at the home QTH.
... That is something that our friend Kevin (K7RX) stressed to me when I got
started into the hole business of using an amplifier, back about 4 or 5
years ago.

Regarding an MFJ auto-tuner as a possible substitute for the noise bridge
out in the RV, I had actually thought of that, but didn't think it would get
me that much further ahead, since the TS480 already has a built in auto
tuner.

My thinking is that the noise bridge might come in handy out at the RV, when
I'm trying to tune a highly-compromise antenna that the TS480's built-in
auto-tuner won't tune.

I hope this makes sense.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ