From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:13:46 -0500
Anthony and all:

This system sounds similar in some ways to the University of Pennsylvania
440 repeater link system that used to, and maybe still operates throughout
much of central and Eastern Pennsylvania, and on into New Jersey.

The exception, of course, is the existence of some very distant repeaters
(e.g. I think in Florida and Texas) that obviously are linked together via
the internet.

Also, of course, it sounds like those of us who are out of the normal RF
range can access the system generally via the internet.

I'm definitely going to try the system the next time I come through
Pennsylvania on our way to visit relatives in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Maybe I'll try it via the internet someday too.

Thanks for sharing this info, Anthony.

I'll save it in my internet favorites.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI