ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 14:17:50 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Here is Jim Dobson's latest Caring Bridge Journal. This will give you
an update on his status.

Please pray and please read below.

I finally have everything set up an my laptop and got a chance to
make a post here.  I was honestly hoping to never do this again, but
not the case.  I appreciate all the words of concern, encouragement
and love, and all the prayers.  That is really what carried me
through last time and will do so again this time too.

I started back this time with a very high WBC count of 160,000.  So
we had to do what is called leukophoresis, which is like dialysis but
takes out white blood cells instead of plasma toxins.  After doing
that on Friday and Saturday morning we had the WBC count low enough
to start in with chemo.  So initially the plan is 5 days of chemo,
three different types, to get the counts to a safe and maintainable
level until the bone marrow transplant process can be started.  The
BMT is a complex process that is still being worked on by a team of
coordinators and I don't know much more for now.  We meet with the
transplant team next week.  Several people have inquired about
getting tested for bone marrow donation.  The advice the oncologist
said to give anyone interested in becoming a donor is to go to the
National Bone Marrow registry at bethematch.org.  The process is very
simple.  It involves a kit where you basically swab your cheek, send
it in and you are registered.  Even if it you did this and were not a
match to me, you may be for someone else, and what a gift that could be.

Well the nurse just came in with an armload of intravenous goodness
so I am going to go.  Hug the people you love and cherish everyday
with your family.

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me." Phillippians 4:13.