From:
KK4AHX Darren Duff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 21:18:48 -0500
We also use ours for playing netflix.

73.
Darren Duff.
amateur radio station KK4AHX.

Vice President,
Cherokee Amateur Radio Society.
http://www.cherokeehams.com

Cherokee County ARES.
http://www.cherokee-ares.org
	When all else fails, Amateur Radio

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Jim Kutsch, KY2D
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OT What is apple TV?

Barb,
Yes, most definitely. I have two of them. Essentially it's similar to a
cable box except that it interfaces your TV to the internet rather than to
the cable. It runs over CAT5 or via wireless to your home router. Note, we
don't have a TV on ours since Ginger and I couldn't see it anyway but we
have one hooked up to a stereo in the living room and the second one is in
the bedroom. We use them to stream music, have all of our personal CDs
loaded in the "music match" Apple cloud, and I also airplay various things
to the Apple TV from my iPhone.

The Apple TV has Voiceover, the same as the iPhone and other Apple products.
There is a very small remote control used to control the Apple TV.

It has a connection to the TV but if you want to connect it to a stereo
instead, it only has a Toslink optical connection. If your stereo doesn't
take an optical fiber input, then you also need a Toslink optical to analog
RCA plug adapter. I got one on Amazon for $15 or so.

73, Jim, KY2D