From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 07:39:31 -0500
David,

I agree with Ed.  Go to icanworkthisthing.com and get the manual in text
form, a list of menus, and a list and description of the front panel
knobs and buttons.

There is info on the voice board and what it does at

hamradioandvision.com

Also one of our list members from the UK has an accessibility review:

http://active-elements.org/evaluations/

In a nutshell, you don't need to tune the transmitter, just the antenna
if it isn't resonant.  You can enter frequency by the front panel key
pad, or  by setting and recalling memories.    You can also change or
adjust frequencies by the large tuning knob or change bands with up down
buttons.

As someone said, nothing magic about the  matching Kenwood power supply.
  I think max current draw is 20.5 amps, so something  that will do 25
amps will give you some headroom.   In today's world, you have the
choice of the old style linear supply with large transformer, or smaller
and lighter switching supplies.    Both have advantages, but either will
be much cheaper than the "official" Kenwood supply.

73, Steve KW3A