From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 21:17:38 -0700
Alan:

Phone for LDG:

(410) 586-2177

Web Address:

http://ldgelectronics.com/

73,
Gale

From: "Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 2:40 PM
Subject: Contact phone number for LDG?

As most of you know, LDG made a talking watt meter called the TW-1.  Due to
slow sales, they eventually dropped it from their catalog.  I am helping a
blind ham in Sun City learn to operate his station.  While his station is
relatively unsophisticated, he is having great difficulty keeping his
station on the air.  I believe that it would help him if he could get one of
the LDG TW-1's, but of course, they are no longer made.  I intend to call
LDG to find out if they would be willing to provide the schematic and parts
list for the TW-1.  Even if they don't wish to make the meters anymore, they
may be willing to hand over the documentation that would enable others to
make them up.

Does anyone have a good number for LDG?  And, do any of you agree with me
that the TW-1 would still be useful to blind operators if we could get some
made?

A good friend who is a high-level electrical engineer with Honeywell
Aerospace said that he might be willing to build some units if we could get
the docs from LDG.

Thanks in advance for either the phone number for LDG, and any comments
regarding the possible usefulnesss of the TW-1.

Best 73, Alan

Alan R. Downing

Phoenix, AZ

73,