VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 18:40:00 -0400
Greetings all.  I have a couple of questions concerning use of
Computer Braille with the Apex and some Gmail related concerns as
well.  This morning, I was working with someone who has an Apex,
and we were working on e-mail and I also was using an Apex as
well, and I was able to use dots 4, and 7, when establishing my
e-mail account initially and also when sending out e-mail as
well, and as we all know computer Braille is needed when using e
mail.  One problem I had was that this person's Apex didn't like
dots 4, and 7 for some reason.  Upon calling Human Ware Tech
Support, we were told that the at sign with the Apex is space u
followed by dotTh worked but I am still puzzled as to why dots 4
and 7 didn't work?  In the end, the person was able to read his
mail from  his account which is a Gmail account.  As a rule, our
network at the center has its fast and slow times and am keeping
my fingers crossed that he will be able to send out mail tomorrow
via this account.
 This leads me to my next question in that what should the proper
settings be for Gmail and outgoing mail? We obviously got the
ability to receive the incomming mail with no problem, but
sending out is something I would like to double check.  Right
now, his outgoing SMTP port is set at 465 and I guess that Gmail
requires an authentication for sending and receiving mail.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]