VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:35:14 -0700
This sounds familiar. I was using XP and Jaws 11 until last summer, and
I think I got this message a few months before my old netbook died. I
remember thinking I would go ahead and install it because I wouldn't be
upgrading to IE 9. I can't say I noticed any difference. The computer
died for other reasons.

On 7/19/2012 9:37 AM, Steve Hoad wrote:
> Here's a bit more clarity about the message I got from Microsoft.
> It came after I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials, and within
> the message it indicated that Windows XP users could not use IE9 but
> that IE8 has been enhanced with more features including security, etc.
>   Of course, I don't remember the message entirely, but it was not from
> either an Email or some other site, it was from Microsoft after
> Essentials doinstaller had "examined" my system with the usual boxes
> showing what the system is, etc.
> Whether I use the "Enhanced" version or not, I am still interested in
> finding the propper settings for IE8 that will work as well as can be
> expected with Jaws 10.135.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]