From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:54:13 -0400
Richard,

This is something that helps to make the  2000 blind friendly.   While
it's nice that the 480 and 590 speak these values, it isn't  hard to
count clicks to see where you are.   If there were no beeps at the high
and low ends, or if it was a wrap around thing, you would have a hard
time figuring out where you are.

Later on, when you are  adjusting mic gain and processor levels, you
will use the same knob, only it goes from 0 to 100 in single  number steps.

Have fun, Steve KW3A