Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 20:55:16 -0800
I'm Not sure why you think I am knowledgeable about this Alan as I have
never owned a Flex radio. I did briefly play with one of the cheaper SDR
receivers and the software applications for it were in fact graphical
and not accessible.  I don't think it would be worth the effort it would
require to make one of these radios work for blind users    when there
are already other options out there that are pretty much comparable. I
agree the higher end features of the new Flex rigs are pretty cool, but
it would be difficult to translate those advanced graphical features
effectively or efficiently into some sort of speech output.

   For what it's worth, that's my opinion.
Rob