From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 17:31:30 -0330
Steve:

TNX for the scout out but unfortunately, I pretty much had to focus on 1 band because of the 2 tune ups of both the 102 and 811h.
Things were very crowded and doing a double tune up, actually 3 if you include the 2 stage tune up for the amp, only to find things too crowded else where, were a little pointless.
All I had to do was tune things up for 40M in the morning and stand pat.
A solid state/amp combo would have been nice where you could simply jump bands. Even a tube amp and solid state exciter combo would have been good.
On the upside of it all, my QRM fighting ability was 2ND to none, even pulled out 3 QRPs running 50, 10 and 5 watts respectfully.
I even had to slug back a little cause I don't approve of the large splits that occur. The way I see it, if the big European DX guns wanna work stateside, then they should go up into your band plan to do it, not transmit on 7.095 and listen on 7.288. LOL
So I did transmit on a big guns transmitting freq and drove him up the band. LOL Ah the friendly competition. LOL

Mike