From:
Mike Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:50:54 -0330
Hi all:

Well pretty much ruled my 75M SWR spike has been the wheel of the tuner not making contact with the roller inductor.
MFJ suggests I try and tighten up the bar but I might just stay away from 75M for now and order a new assembly and repair the tuner.
In the mean time I'm gonna have a lone of another one, the 962D.
Now just for kicks over the weekend, I hooked up my vertical directly to the 570 and the internal tuner tuned the vertical no problems on 75M but wouldn't tune it on 40M or 20M.
Could this be the coax was too long on those other bands? when I get the 962D, should I consider shortening my coax?
The last time I tried this tuner on 75M, it couldn't tune the vertical below 2.5/1, didn't try it on the other bands though.

73:
Mike VO1AX