From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:25:42 -0500
The coax being a good length to be an antenna shouldn't have much effect but
if your station ground wire is the right length that could do it or I
suppose if the ground for the ac outlet just happens to be the right length.
It's crazy but you I suppose could try one of those 3 to 2 prong adapters
and see if that changes anything to see if that is the case. It sounds crazy
I know but not impossible. I don't think I'd want to leave it that way, I'd
want that ground prong being used but if that does help you can try some
chokes on the AC cord. Or, again, when you shortened the coax are you sure
that connector that was put on then or the other one for that matter is
really on good? I don't know about your antenna but do you have, or should
you have a coil of coax at the antenna feed point? I know mine calls for
that, I don't know what happens without it because I didn't try it that way