From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:58:54 -0700
Michael, I am not familiar with those other amps, but when you tune up the
811H, Personally I would not drive it with more than about 45 watts.  I was
driving mine with 60 watts and burned up a set of Chinese tubes.  Now I
drive it with 45W, and get about 500 to 550 watts out.  Since I primarily
use it on 10 meters, that is enough.  I don't have any Braille markers on
mine, I just go by the direction that the arrows are pointing.  It took a
few times to remember where to put them, but it was no big deal.

HTH

Alan

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ