From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:36:22 -0500
Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to report that my NAQP SSB contest effort was reasonably
successful.

I ended up with 302 QSO's, and 122 multipliers, for a final total score of
36844 points.

I operated for the allowable  full 10 hours.

I worked most of the states, several Canadian provinces, one Mexico station,
and a DX station from Bonaire.

I had hoped to do better, but a couple of things slowed me down a bit.

First, 10 and 15 were not as good as they had been the week before for the
CW contest.  I had a much harder time in the SSB contest  getting contacts
via S and P, and my C Q ing didn't fare me much better on those two bands
either.

My other issue was that I had hoped there would be more stations on 160
meters later at night.  I think I went down there around 11:15 or so.

I heard very few stations, which surprised me.

It is pure coincidence, but I also had 302 qsos for the CW contest last
week-end, but my total points score was a bit  higher for that contest,
probably due to the fact that I got more multipliers, namely 136.

The only list member that I worked was Steve (KW3A) on 75 meters Saturday
evening.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ