From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 07:24:07 -0500
I did a little more CQing than in previous North American QSO Parties.  But
I don't stay on one frequency calling CQ with no answers for more than a
couple of minutes.  As someone on the Potomac Valley Radio Club reflector
said, you have to be in ADHD mode, not allowing yourself to stay in a mode
too long if it is not producing QSOs or multipliers.  The QRN level was
terrible around here on Saturday night on 80.  And I messed up the logs for
a few QSOs because I didn't always notice that I had not hit the spacebar
between the station's name and his state, so N1MM would not properly accept
the next one or more QSOs.  I don't know whether using a braille display
would help this; I tend to interrupt the speech very quickly.  Talk about
ADHD.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com