From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2014 13:13:58 -0800
Junior, I know you will have mixed feelings about your decision
as did I, but if you have the means to live comfortably and have
enough interests to pursue as I'm sure you do, then things will
probably go fine for you.  Before I retired, I attended a series
of retirement workshops and one of the first things they asked
was, do you have a life outside of work.  Man, I had no problem
saying yes to that one.  I gave over 30 years to my job and
worked hard with students every day, but when 5 pm
came on most days, my time was mine.  I don't know about your
workplace, but at the University there was a work culture
rewarding people who put in a bunch of overtime.  They gave out a
lot of Atta-boy's for people who worked extra time which I did on
a few occasions but not always.  Anyway  if you ever want to talk
at length about this drop me an email and we can hook up on
Skype.  For some reason, I don't launch it much, but we've talked
before and I'd be happy to do so again.  Best 73, Jim WA6EKS