From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 15:09:53 -0500
I worked 50 stations in about 80 minutes last night.  The K index was
increasing from 4 to 6 during that period (0130-0300Z).  All of mine was
S&P, and I wouldn't have worked that many if I hadn't decided to test the
limits of the station.  Loaded up the center conductor of my 40 dipole's
feedline.  SWR was far to high for the FT950 to tune it out, so I reduced
power to the fold-back point.  There might have been 5 or 10 watts actually
getting radiated, and some of the radiating feedline is in a heap on the
basement floor behind the operating desk.  I didn't hear any of you guys,
but the challenge was fun anyway.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com